Used in the maufacturing of fragrance and reed diffuser oils.
Properties of Dipropylene glycol:
- Chemical Names: oxydipropanol, oxybispropanol, bis(2-hydroxypropyl) ether, 2,2'-dihydroxydipropyl ether, 1,1'-dimethyl diethylene glycol, 1,1'-oxydi-2-propanol, 2,2'-dihydroxyisopropyl ether, 2-(2-hydroxypropyl)-1-methyl ethanol, 1-(2-hydroxypropoxy) propan-2-ol, hydroxypropyl oxypropanol
- CAS NO: 25265-71-8
- Description: Liquid at room temperature, colourless and Odourless.
- Actual Specific Gravity : 1.02140 @ 25.00 C.
- Specific Gravity : 1.01900 - 1.02100 @ 25.00 C.
- Actual Refractive Index : 1.44140 @ 20.00 C.
- Refractive Index : 1.43000 - 1.45000 @ 20.00 C.
- Assay: 99.00 - 100.00 %
- Soluble in : Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Amyris Wood Oil
- Solubility : miscible with Water
- EINECS: 246-770-3
- FORMULA: CH3-CH(OH)-CH2-O-CH2-CH(OH)-CH3
- CONTENT: Min 99 %
Dipropylene glycol is a colourless, nearly odourless liquid with a high boiling point and low toxicity. It is a mixture of three isomeric chemical compounds, 4-oxa-2,6-heptandiol, 2-(2-Hydroxy-propoxy)-propan-1-ol, and 2-(2-Hydroxy-1-methyl-ethoxy)-propan-1-ol.
Health & Safety:
Labelling according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008: The product is not labeled as dangerous according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008
Dipropylene Glycol (DPG) 99.9%
Always handle while wearing gloves and protect your work surfaces. Do not ingest product nor eat, drink nor smoke while handling the product. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
If your skin comes into accidental contact with the dye, wash thoroughly with warm water and a detergent such as washing up liquid.
Store upright in the original container with the lid secured when not in use. Store out of direct sunlight. Store the product at room temperature. Store in a safe location away from pets and children.
Storage life: 24Months.
For full details please consult our free SDS.