Used for its solvent properties in industry, the personal care market and pharmaceutical industries. Our MPG is high-purity and has extensive applications in the fragrance, cosmetics and personal care industry used to formulate, skin care products, hair products, bath and shower products, perfumes, colognes and sprays.
Properties of propylene glycol:
- Chemical Names: MPG; Methylglycol; monopropylene glycol; PG 12; propandiol-1.2; propane-1.2-diol; propilenoglicol; propylene glycol; trimethyl glycol;
- CAS NO: 57-55-6
- Description: Liquid at room temperature, thick like glycerol, colourless and Odourless.
- Formula: CH3CH (OH) CH2OH
Uses in Cosmetic Products:
- Skin care products - creams, moisturisers, lotions and cleansers.
- Sun care products.
- Hair care products - shampoos, hair gels, conditioners, colouring products.
- Bath and shower products including bath bombs.
- Perfumes, fragrances, colognes.
Monopropylene Glycol (MPG) USP EP Grade
Always handle while wearing gloves and protect your work surfaces. Do not ingest product nor eat, drink nor smoke while handling the product. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
If your skin comes into accidental contact with the dye, wash thoroughly with warm water and a detergent such as washing up liquid.
Store upright in the original container with the lid secured when not in use. Store out of direct sunlight. Store the product at room temperature. Store in a safe location away from pets and children.
Storage life: 24Months.
For full details please consult our free SDS.